Tax Reliefs Granted by the Governor of Akwa Ibom State – Mr. Udom EmmanuelFriday, July 17th, 2020 | News
AKWA IBOM STATE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE
IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT
As part of the Akwa Ibom State Government’s response to the impact of COVID-19 on businesses and individuals, the Akwa Ibom State Internal Revenue Service hereby announces to the public that the State Governor, His Excellency, Mr. Udom Emmanuel has graciously approved the following Tax Reliefs to our esteemed taxpayers:
1. Extension of deadline for filing of individual income tax return for 2019 from March 31, 2020 to September 30, 2020.
2. Waiver of penalty charged for late payment/remittances of taxes for 2020 tax year.
3. Waiver of interest charged for late payment/remittances of taxes for 2020 tax year.
4. Waiver of Business Premises Levy for Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) with maximum annual turnover of ₦5,000,000.00 (Five Million Naira) for 2020 tax year ending December 31, 2020.
5. Waiver of Economic Development Levy for Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) with maximum annual turnover of ₦5,000,000.00 (Five Million Naira) for 2020 tax year ending December 31, 2020.
6. Suspension of specific Road Levies (viz daily ticketing, stickers and emblems and haulage fees) for 2020 tax year.
7. Granting of 25% discount on Personal Income Tax for traders in all the markets for 2020 tax year.
For further enquiries please contact:
(i) AKIRS offices in the 31 Local Government Areas
(ii) AKIRS website: www.akirs.ak.gov.ng & the AKIRS email addresses: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
(iii) State Secretariat: AKIRS, Block 9, Idongesit Nkanga Secretariat, Uyo
(iv) Corporate Headquarters: Revenue House, Central Business District,
Udo Udoma Avenue, Uyo
(v) Phone: 08035983711, 08023772227, 08024357678, 08022903936, 08026257098
…. for the public good
Pay your tax
Mr. Okon Okon