- " Gov. Emmanuel breathes life into 117 year old Akwa Ibom Hospital "
- " Changing the Narrative of Development Through Industrialization and Infrastructure "
- " Senate President Describes Gov. Emmanuel As Symbol of Peace, Progress and Unity "
- " Gov Emmanuel Inaugurates Road, 300m twin bridges in Obot Akara, Awards more Projects "
- " Gov Emmanuel Institutes A'Ibom Coconut Day "
- " Gov. Emmanuel Signs Anti-Grazing bill into law, Inaugurates Committees on Gender Violence, Traffic Offences "
- " Governor Emmanuel Seeks increased Revenue Allocation to States "
Aksg Flags-off State-wide Fibre Optic Broadband Project
AKWA IBOM IS RISING
By Solomon Eyo
Akwa Ibom State Government has flagged-off State-wide fibre optic broadband project.
The exercise was performed by the Secretary to State Government, Dr Emmanuel Ekuwem, who spoke on the many benefit of the project, and applauded the Board-based Communications Limited for partnering the State Government on the project.
He expressed admiration over the use of a drilling machine technology to lay the fiber to avoid damaging and distorting the beautification of the New Secretariat Annex.
The project is directly supervised by the Senior Special Assistant to Governor, Bureau of Technical Matters and Due Process. Mr. Ufot Ebong
When completed, it will encourage new businesses to the area, resulting in more tax revenues, large data transfer instantly across multiple users.
Other benefits the SSG listed include
👉intra-building remote site training department, teleworking and video-conferencing,
👉reducing carbon emissions and costs as well as improving internal communications.
👉Start-up, intelligent incubator businesses and hubs,
👉improved data storage, economical hosted applications services, educational institutions benefit from improved internet access across schools and universities.
👉Library and community center facilities improved for on-line educational courses
👉New educational facilities encouraged to come to your city.
👉Police departments have high-quality video connections allowing for a greater number of convictions.
👉Better traffic management with automated traffic surveillance systems.
👉Fire departments could have the ability to train staff remotely and utilize the reliable communication infrastructure.
👉Public Wi-Fi points to serve parks and other public spaces, including underserved and disadvantaged areas.
👉Reduce public spending with public smart lighting and waste management.
👉Environmental monitoring such as air pollution or forest fire detection.
👉Healthcare services have dozens of possible next generation applications and processes.
👉Intelligent meter reading and parking meters.
👉Wastewater management SCADA connectivity.
👉Puts Akwa Ibom State on the map.