- " Obaseki Describes Governor Emmanuel as Man of Capacity, As Udung Uko Communities Celebrate First Ever Road Projects "
- " Obasanjo Describes Governor Emmanuel as Man of Character "
- " Jonathan Advises A'Ibom to Elect Right Leaders for Sustainable Development, Peace "
- " Gov Emmanuel Cautions Royal Fathers, LG Chairmen on Boundary Issues "
- " Address by HC- Local Govt & Chieftaincy Affairs on the swearing-in on Paramount Ruler of Ini LGA "
- " Atiku, Others Celebrate Gov. Emmanuel, Akwa Ibom People on 35th Anniversary "
- " Gov. Okowa Inaugurates 10km Surface, Underground Drainage System in Uyo "
Army Chief Lauds Governor Emmanuel on Security, Oil Free Zone Approval
The Nigerian Chief of Army Staff Lt. Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru, has commended Governor Udom Emmanuel for the good level of security and peaceful co-existence in Akwa Ibom State.
At a courtesy call on the Governor at Government House, Uyo, Gen Attahiru congratulated Mr Emmanuel for securing approval of a new Oil and Gas Free Zone in Akwa Ibom State.
He said the Governor’s efforts in making Akwa Ibom safe, is a reflection of his priorities in making the state investment friendly.
The Army Chief said he was in the state to participate in the “First Commanding Officers” workshop 2021 taking place in Uyo from 22nd through the 26th of March, 2021.
He said the state’s oil free zone is the biggest in West Africa, “and when completed, will in no doubt boost the economy of the state and the country at large.
“The Governor is not unrelenting in his support to 2 Brigade of the Nigerian Army, he has renovated 14 blocks of 168 buildings at Ibagwa Barracks.
He also appreciated the Governor for the support to the army at Mbioporo-Nsit Ibom local government area.
I have visited the land to carry out an inspection visit to see how far we have gone”, Gen. Attahiru added.
Responding, Governor Emmanuel expressed the gratitude of the people and government of the state for the collaboration of the Nigerian Army through the Joint Task Force (JTF) and pledged continuous support for their operations in the state.
He asserted that the excitement with which the new Army Chief’s appointment was greeted is indicative of the confidence and high expectations of Nigerian from him.
“You have contributed a lot of men into the JTF and really assisted us in these areas
“I believe we can sit down and discuss, take actions and then see how we can secure lives and property within our own community,” Governor Emmanuel said.
“We need a whole lot of intelligence from the military to track down those people, who foment trouble mainly from communities that are close to interstate and international borders. It will also serve as deterrent to others in future”, Governor Emmanuel added.
Government House, Uyo