- " Obaseki Describes Governor Emmanuel as Man of Capacity, As Udung Uko Communities Celebrate First Ever Road Projects "
- " Obasanjo Describes Governor Emmanuel as Man of Character "
- " Jonathan Advises A'Ibom to Elect Right Leaders for Sustainable Development, Peace "
- " Gov Emmanuel Cautions Royal Fathers, LG Chairmen on Boundary Issues "
- " Address by HC- Local Govt & Chieftaincy Affairs on the swearing-in on Paramount Ruler of Ini LGA "
- " Atiku, Others Celebrate Gov. Emmanuel, Akwa Ibom People on 35th Anniversary "
- " Gov. Okowa Inaugurates 10km Surface, Underground Drainage System in Uyo "
Governor Emmanuel doles out grants to A’Ibom Law Students
Governor Udom Emmanuel Tuesday doled out grant to students of Akwa Ibom State studying at the Nigerian Law Schools across the country.
Presenting the Cheques to the 43 beneficiaries on behalf of the Governor, the Commissioner for Education, Prof. Nse Essien charged them to be good ambassadors of the State as government expects them to perform exceedingly well and to make the State proud.
He congratulated them for the successful completion of their first degree from their respective Universities and challenged them to bear in mind that adequate training was needed to make them stand out and add value to the judiciary arm of government.
“Recent happenings in our election tribunal is an eye opener to the fact that the legal profession needs a lot of fixing up. As lawyers, prosecutors, advocates and solicitors in training, we urge you to be determined to make a difference on graduation to make our State, our country, a land where justice and equity reign.
“As a lawyer, you have a big role to play to promote the rule of law and enforce the human right and the dignity of man” he said
He described the government of Mr. Udom Emmanuel as a student friendly one, maintaining that the grants given to the students is a true testimony to this fact.
The Permanent Secretary in the Ministry, Mrs. Helen Ante thanked the Governor for being caring and responsible father and urged the students to be good ambassadors of the State.
Mrs Eme Okodi, Executive Secretary State Scholarship Board extolled the Governor for graciously approving the grants after a request was made to him and urged the beneficiaries to make good use of the opportunity.
In his response, The President of Akwa Ibom State Association of Law School Students, Comrade Nsukile Abraham expressed gratitude to the Governor for fulfilling his promise to the body while thanking the Commissioner, Prof. Nse Essien for being the instrument through which the promise was fulfilled.