- " Excerpts from the Special EXCO meeting on Education held on Wednesday 25th November, 2020 at the Executive Council Chambers Government House. "
- " Press Release: Labour Issues Negotiation Committee Set Up "
- " Presentation of 2021 Budget Proposals to AKHA "
- " Gov Emmanuel formally receives liberty Oil and Gas Free Zone License "
- " Youths commend Governor Emmanuel, Laud Peaceful Atmosphere in Akwa Ibom State "
- " Excerpts from the Akwa Ibom State Enlarged Executive Council meeting of Monday, 12 October, 2020 "
- " Governor Emmanuel is very strategic in his investment approach- High Commissioner Trinidad and Tobago "
55.1km Ibaka Super Highway Designed To Boost Economic Activities
By Ubong Ntekim.
In a bid to transform and boost economic activities and ahead of the Ibom deep seaport project, construction work has commenced on the Ibom Super Highway project linking the coastal communities of Eket-Ibeno to Mbo and Oron.
The 55.1kilometers highway with 3 spurs and multiple lanes when completed, will open up the environment for investors, and stimulate activities in the various support industries at the oil rich coastal zone.
Addressing the youths of Eket and Ibeno at the project site, the State Commissioner for Works; Mr. Ephraim Inyang-Eyen appealed for support and cooperation from the host communities to enable the contractors carry out their work effectively.
The massive project, according to the Works commissioner, will be carried out through the Alternative Project Funding Approach (APFA)
He hinted that the State government was committed to payment of compensation to owners of facilities which the road project has affected.
Commissioner Inyang-Eyen further explained that the Ibom Super Highway which is the first of its kind in the entire geopolitical zone was meant to enable the people of Akwa Ibom and investors alike to have access to the seashore where the Ibom Deep Seaport is cited.
Inyang-Eyen, however, urged all and sundry to continue supporting the government of Governor Udom Emmanuel, noting that his developmental goals for the State would be achieved through their collective supports.
Meanwhile, stakeholders of one of the host communities; Eket Local Government Area; the Executive Chairman; Rt Hon Frank Archibong and the lawmaker representing the area in the State House of Assembly; Hon David Lawrence were full of praises to Governor Udom Emmanuel for fulfilling his promise of transforming the highly populated area by bringing meaningful development that would touch the lives of the people as well as creating avenue for investment in their areas.
The duo however, pledged the readiness of the community members to collaborate with the contractors for them to expedite action on the project.
Speaking on behalf of the construction firm handling the project; Mr Chinedu Chukwuonye of Elba Construction Company, promised to carry out the job according to specification and international best standards and ensured youths of the area are carried along in the road construction.