- " Akwa Ibom Endsars Panel Submits Report From 143 Petitions Received "
- " You have not disappointed me and your people - Obasanjo to Udom at Flyover Inauguration "
- " Governor Emmanuel swears in Justice Ekaette Obot as acting Chief Judge "
- " Governor Emmanuel vows to tackle cultism in Secondary Schools "
- " Gov. Emmanuel honoured as Champion by United Nations for SDGs Projects "
- " Gov. Emmanuel Assures of Ten New Aircrafts, As Ibom Air welcomes two new Airbuses "
- " Gov Emmanuel applauded for making Akwa Ibom Workers Highest Paid in Nigeria "
Use of Face Masks Now Compulsory in Akwa Ibom Schools
As part of preparations for the re-opening of schools in Akwa Ibom State, parents and guardians are advised to plan to provide face masks as part of the school uniforms for their children.
The use of face masks is compulsory for children and adults to be allowed into school premises. This measure is aimed at reducing the possibility of community spread of the coronavirus in schools. Other guidelines for re-opening of schools will be announced in due course.
Although, basic education remains free and compulsory in Akwa Ibom State; and government continues to pay the annual WAEC fees for indigenes, parents and guardians are expected to provide face masks for each child and also ensure they are washed daily
This announcement is in the best interest of every citizen and resident.
Stay safe; Be safe.
Charles Udoh KSJI
Hon. Commissioner for Information
July 10, 2020.