- " Gov. Emmanuel breathes life into 117 year old Akwa Ibom Hospital "
- " Changing the Narrative of Development Through Industrialization and Infrastructure "
- " Senate President Describes Gov. Emmanuel As Symbol of Peace, Progress and Unity "
- " Gov Emmanuel Inaugurates Road, 300m twin bridges in Obot Akara, Awards more Projects "
- " Gov Emmanuel Institutes A'Ibom Coconut Day "
- " Gov. Emmanuel Signs Anti-Grazing bill into law, Inaugurates Committees on Gender Violence, Traffic Offences "
- " Governor Emmanuel Seeks increased Revenue Allocation to States "
Use of Face Masks Now Compulsory in Akwa Ibom Schools
As part of preparations for the re-opening of schools in Akwa Ibom State, parents and guardians are advised to plan to provide face masks as part of the school uniforms for their children.
The use of face masks is compulsory for children and adults to be allowed into school premises. This measure is aimed at reducing the possibility of community spread of the coronavirus in schools. Other guidelines for re-opening of schools will be announced in due course.
Although, basic education remains free and compulsory in Akwa Ibom State; and government continues to pay the annual WAEC fees for indigenes, parents and guardians are expected to provide face masks for each child and also ensure they are washed daily
This announcement is in the best interest of every citizen and resident.
Stay safe; Be safe.
Charles Udoh KSJI
Hon. Commissioner for Information
July 10, 2020.