- " Multi-Billion Naira Value-Chain Coconut Oil Factory Inaugurated in Akwa Ibom State. "
- " Governor Emmanuel Commends President Buhari for approving Federal University of Technology, Ikot Abasi "
- " NPDC/NOSl Oil & Gas Exploration: Another Innovation That Will Offer 5,500 New Job Opportunities In Akwa Ibom State "
- " Gov Emmanuel Inspects Drainage, Roads, Cable Stayed Bridge Projects, Assures on Timely Completion "
- " 2022 Nuga Games: Gov Emmanuel receives Unilag Mgt. Commits to Sports Development "
- " Gov. Emmanuel donates Special Protection Unit, More Patrol Vehicles to Police "
- " A'Ibom State Civil Service, Asset Management System to be automated for efficiency "
Use of Face Masks Now Compulsory in Akwa Ibom Schools
As part of preparations for the re-opening of schools in Akwa Ibom State, parents and guardians are advised to plan to provide face masks as part of the school uniforms for their children.
The use of face masks is compulsory for children and adults to be allowed into school premises. This measure is aimed at reducing the possibility of community spread of the coronavirus in schools. Other guidelines for re-opening of schools will be announced in due course.
Although, basic education remains free and compulsory in Akwa Ibom State; and government continues to pay the annual WAEC fees for indigenes, parents and guardians are expected to provide face masks for each child and also ensure they are washed daily
This announcement is in the best interest of every citizen and resident.
Stay safe; Be safe.
Charles Udoh KSJI
Hon. Commissioner for Information
July 10, 2020.