- " Excerpts from the Special EXCO meeting on Education held on Wednesday 25th November, 2020 at the Executive Council Chambers Government House. "
- " Press Release: Labour Issues Negotiation Committee Set Up "
- " Presentation of 2021 Budget Proposals to AKHA "
- " Gov Emmanuel formally receives liberty Oil and Gas Free Zone License "
- " Youths commend Governor Emmanuel, Laud Peaceful Atmosphere in Akwa Ibom State "
- " Excerpts from the Akwa Ibom State Enlarged Executive Council meeting of Monday, 12 October, 2020 "
- " Governor Emmanuel is very strategic in his investment approach- High Commissioner Trinidad and Tobago "
Use of Face Masks Now Compulsory in Akwa Ibom Schools
As part of preparations for the re-opening of schools in Akwa Ibom State, parents and guardians are advised to plan to provide face masks as part of the school uniforms for their children.
The use of face masks is compulsory for children and adults to be allowed into school premises. This measure is aimed at reducing the possibility of community spread of the coronavirus in schools. Other guidelines for re-opening of schools will be announced in due course.
Although, basic education remains free and compulsory in Akwa Ibom State; and government continues to pay the annual WAEC fees for indigenes, parents and guardians are expected to provide face masks for each child and also ensure they are washed daily
This announcement is in the best interest of every citizen and resident.
Stay safe; Be safe.
Charles Udoh KSJI
Hon. Commissioner for Information
July 10, 2020.