- " Obaseki Describes Governor Emmanuel as Man of Capacity, As Udung Uko Communities Celebrate First Ever Road Projects "
- " Obasanjo Describes Governor Emmanuel as Man of Character "
- " Jonathan Advises A'Ibom to Elect Right Leaders for Sustainable Development, Peace "
- " Gov Emmanuel Cautions Royal Fathers, LG Chairmen on Boundary Issues "
- " Address by HC- Local Govt & Chieftaincy Affairs on the swearing-in on Paramount Ruler of Ini LGA "
- " Atiku, Others Celebrate Gov. Emmanuel, Akwa Ibom People on 35th Anniversary "
- " Gov. Okowa Inaugurates 10km Surface, Underground Drainage System in Uyo "
Use of Face Masks Now Compulsory in Akwa Ibom Schools
As part of preparations for the re-opening of schools in Akwa Ibom State, parents and guardians are advised to plan to provide face masks as part of the school uniforms for their children.
The use of face masks is compulsory for children and adults to be allowed into school premises. This measure is aimed at reducing the possibility of community spread of the coronavirus in schools. Other guidelines for re-opening of schools will be announced in due course.
Although, basic education remains free and compulsory in Akwa Ibom State; and government continues to pay the annual WAEC fees for indigenes, parents and guardians are expected to provide face masks for each child and also ensure they are washed daily
This announcement is in the best interest of every citizen and resident.
Stay safe; Be safe.
Charles Udoh KSJI
Hon. Commissioner for Information
July 10, 2020.