- " September 23rd 2020: No Public Celebrations of Akwa Ibom at 33 "
- " Akwa Ibom Celebrates Series 1 "
- " Akwa Ibom Airport MRO, New terminal building progresses as Ibom Air Jets to Enugu Airport. "
- " Akwa Ibom State Covid_19 Update 20: Approved Standard for COVID-19 testing in Akwa Ibom State "
- " NNPC 2020 RETREAT: Gov Emmanuel Seeks more Petroleum Industry Establishments in Akw Ibom "
- " AKSG Condemns Illegal Revenue Collection "
- " Akwa Ibom State Covid_19 Management Update -18 "
Use of Face Masks Now Compulsory in Akwa Ibom Schools
As part of preparations for the re-opening of schools in Akwa Ibom State, parents and guardians are advised to plan to provide face masks as part of the school uniforms for their children.
The use of face masks is compulsory for children and adults to be allowed into school premises. This measure is aimed at reducing the possibility of community spread of the coronavirus in schools. Other guidelines for re-opening of schools will be announced in due course.
Although, basic education remains free and compulsory in Akwa Ibom State; and government continues to pay the annual WAEC fees for indigenes, parents and guardians are expected to provide face masks for each child and also ensure they are washed daily
This announcement is in the best interest of every citizen and resident.
Stay safe; Be safe.
Charles Udoh KSJI
Hon. Commissioner for Information
July 10, 2020.