- " Excerpts from the Special EXCO meeting on Education held on Wednesday 25th November, 2020 at the Executive Council Chambers Government House. "
- " Press Release: Labour Issues Negotiation Committee Set Up "
- " Presentation of 2021 Budget Proposals to AKHA "
- " Gov Emmanuel formally receives liberty Oil and Gas Free Zone License "
- " Youths commend Governor Emmanuel, Laud Peaceful Atmosphere in Akwa Ibom State "
- " Excerpts from the Akwa Ibom State Enlarged Executive Council meeting of Monday, 12 October, 2020 "
- " Governor Emmanuel is very strategic in his investment approach- High Commissioner Trinidad and Tobago "
Gov Emmanuel sues for Gratitude, Love from Christians
Evelyn-A. B. Ibanga
Akwa Ibom State Governor, Mr. Udom Emmanuel, has called on the Christians to use the Easter season in appreciating individuals who have made sacrifices for their well-being.
Governor Emmanuel, accompanied by the Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Barrister Onofiok Luke, made the remarks during a special Easter Mass at Christ The King Cathedral, Wellington Bassey Way, Uyo.
The Governor described Easter as a significant period in Christendom, urging the people to utilize the season in expressing gratitude to their parents for their selflessness in nurturing them to adulthood.
He commended the Christian Community for persistently praying for the success of his administration, lauding their support throughout the electioneering period and appreciated them for the confidence in re-electing him as Governor for a second term.
In a homily, the Catholic Bishop of Uyo Diocese, Rt. Reverend John Ayah, said that the Easter season is a period for Christians to reflect on their relationship with God, adding that it is also a time for celebrating God’s love for humans.
Reverend Ayah applauded the achievements of the Governor Emmanuel-led administration, particularly commending the Governor for floating the state Airline, Ibom Air, and stated that it was an indication of Emmanuel’s prudence in utilising resources.
He noted that those in positions of authority should work for the interest of the people, appreciating Governor Emmanuel for creating job opportunities and implored him to do more to accommodate the unemployed youths in the state.
The cleric stressed the need for people to continuously pray for those in leadership positions, pointing out that their authority comes from God and cautioned the people to refrain from negative criticism.
He congratulated the Governor on his victory at the polls, commending security agencies for their role in combating crime and stated that their efforts have enabled Akwa Ibom to be adjudged as the most peaceful state in the country.
Highlight of the occasion was the donation of a new bus to the Church Choir by Governor Emmanuel.
The Easter Mass also had in attendance the Secretary to the State Government, Dr. Emmanuel Ekuwem, Head of the State Civil Service, Mrs. Ekereobong Akpan, members of the State Executive Council and other top government functionaries.