- " Excerpts from the Special EXCO meeting on Education held on Wednesday 25th November, 2020 at the Executive Council Chambers Government House. "
- " Press Release: Labour Issues Negotiation Committee Set Up "
- " Presentation of 2021 Budget Proposals to AKHA "
- " Gov Emmanuel formally receives liberty Oil and Gas Free Zone License "
- " Youths commend Governor Emmanuel, Laud Peaceful Atmosphere in Akwa Ibom State "
- " Excerpts from the Akwa Ibom State Enlarged Executive Council meeting of Monday, 12 October, 2020 "
- " Governor Emmanuel is very strategic in his investment approach- High Commissioner Trinidad and Tobago "
Breaking: Gov Emmanuel signs Executive Order proscribing Cultism and Other Violent Behaviour
AK. S. L. N. NO. … ….OF 2020*LS
From the Governor
Criminal Code Law Cap. 38, Laws of Akwa lbom State, 2000
CULTISM AND OTHER VIOLENT BEHAVIOR (PROHIBITION) ORDER,
IN EXERCISE of the powers conferred on me by Section 70 of the Criminal Code Law, Cap. 38, Vol. 2, Laws of Akwa lbom State, 2000 and all other powers enabling me in that behalf, 1, MR. UDOM EMMANUEL, the Governor of Akwa lbom State of Nigeria do hereby make the following –
Proscription of cults,Societies and groups.1. (1) The cults, societies and groups listed herein are hereby declared unlawful and forthwith proscribed in Akwa lbom
(b) Black Axe;
(f)Luttox (Junior Black Axe);
(m) Akwa Marines; and
(n) Utoto Groups (419);
(2) In addition to the cults, societies and groups listed under sub-paragraph (1) of this paragraph, the following cults,groups or societies in Secondary and Primary Schools in Akwa Ibom State are hereby declared illegal and forthwith proscribed
(e)Sept 11 Group;
(f)Secret Sons of Satan;
(h)J.V (Junior Vikings);
(o)Sons of Nights;
(r)White Angels; and
(3) In furtherance to sub-paragraph (1) and (2) of this paragraph and in addition to the cults, societies and groups listed therein, the under listed cults, societies and groups whether outside or within tertiary institutions, secondary or primary schools are also hereby prohibited.
(a)Daughters of Queen Amina
(d)Neo Black Movement of Africa
(e)Temple of Eden
(f)Daughters of Jezebel
(h) Black Brazier
(o) Black Eye
(q)Sons of Nights
(v)Supreme Dred Lock
(aa) Street Mafia
(bb) Family Mafia
(cc) Supreme Red Skin
(dd) Italian Mafia
(ee) Separate Brothers Confraternity
Activities consistent with cultism 2.NotWithstanding the provisions of paragraph 1 of this any cult, society or group by whatsoever name whose activities are found to be consistent with the activities of a cult shall be Considered and treated as such under this Order.
3. The activities of all cult, society or group mentioned inparagraph 1 and 2 of this Order are hereby prohibited and defaulters shall be prosecuted in accordance with the Cultism, Offensive Weapons and Violent Behavior (Prohibition) Law, 2004, or any other enabling law in that regard.
Revocation. 4. The Cultism and Other Violent Behavior (Prohibition) Order, 2018 is hereby revoked.
Citation. 5. This Order may be cited as Cultism and other Violent Behavior (Prohibition) Order, 2020 and shall come into force on the 16th day of March 2020.
MADE under my hand at Uyo this 16th day of March 2020
MR. UDOM EMMANUEL
Governor, Akwa lbom State
Cultism: Governor Emmanuel Reads Riot Act to Uniuyo Community
Akwa Ibom State Governor, Mr Udom Emanuel has charged students of the University of Uyo to uphold discipline and high academic standard in which the institution is noted for, assuring that his administration is committed to the provision of conducive learning environment as well as ensuring the security of lives and property within the academic community.
Governor Udom Emmanuel stated this when he led some members of the state Executive Council and other top government functionaries to worship at the Town Campus of the Victory Chapel, University of Uyo.
Mr Emmanuel decried the prevailing moral decadence in academic institutions and questioned the rationale behind students indulgence in cultism and other vices, explaining that cultism does not guarantee a meal ticket but self destruction .
Hear him: “if any one has come to deceive you that being enlisted in a cult group is the gate way to achieving success in your endeavour, I’m telling you today that it’s false . You are actually moving yourself into condemnation”.
He advised the students to work hard to ensure a good future for themselves and justify the investment of their parents on their education, warning that the ban on cultism in the state is in force and that government would not hesitate to clampdown on erring students .
“…don’t think government will not get at you, I assure you that I will do everything within my power to make sure that I protect the life of the residents and citizens in the state. I’ve signed the law banishing cultism in this state .The day you’re caught, no body will intervene for you and that will be the end of your educational pursuits”, he stated.
Mr Emmanuel noted that students who indulge in crinminal activities while on campuses risk bringing down the wrath of God upon themselves and particularly congratulated the Vice chancellor and management of the institution for their commitment to upholding academic excellence.
He condemned in strong terms Lecturers who are members of cult groups and wondered the legacy they are bequeathing the younger generation as mentors , saying that God entrusted the youngsters into their hands for them to mold them to become useful citizens.
” if you are a Lecturer you should be a mentor but if at night you find yourself in a ravine with your own students in the name of cultism what are you mentoring the students to become. A day will come when God will demand an account of how you mentor the students in care”.
He reiterated the determination of his administration to take the state to another realm of economic development for the prosperity of the younger generation and carpet naysayers who criticise activities of government, saying “herein after the critics will come to full realisation of the gains of the programmes of this administration” .
The Vice Chancellor Prof. Enefiok Essien expressed gratitude to the Governor for being a father and thanked him for the advice given to members of the university community.
Earlier in his message, the Chaplain, Rev. Dr Iniobong Udoh who preached on the theme “When the Men are absent” taken from 1st Samuel chapter 30 verses 1 through 10, called on all to acknowledge God in all their dealings and to refrain from all acts of sin to attract more divine blessings.
The Governor was accompanied to the church by the Head of Civil Service, Elder Effiong Essien, members of the state Executive Council, Board Chairmen and Permanent Secretaries.
Present at the service which climaxed with the presentation of a souvenir to the Governor by the Chaplain, Rev. Iniobong Udoh were the Vice Chancellor, Professor Enefiok Essien and other officials including the Provost School of Health Sciences, Professor Augustine Umoh and Dean of Student Affairs, Dr Aniekan Brown.