- " Gov. Emmanuel breathes life into 117 year old Akwa Ibom Hospital "
- " Changing the Narrative of Development Through Industrialization and Infrastructure "
- " Senate President Describes Gov. Emmanuel As Symbol of Peace, Progress and Unity "
- " Gov Emmanuel Inaugurates Road, 300m twin bridges in Obot Akara, Awards more Projects "
- " Gov Emmanuel Institutes A'Ibom Coconut Day "
- " Gov. Emmanuel Signs Anti-Grazing bill into law, Inaugurates Committees on Gender Violence, Traffic Offences "
- " Governor Emmanuel Seeks increased Revenue Allocation to States "
Governor Emmanuel Assures On Akwa Ibom Airport Cargo Operation
Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom state has assured that his administration will not relent in ensuring the speedy commencement of cargo operations at the Ibom International Airport.
Governor Emmanuel stated this in an interaction with Government House reporters shortly on arrival in Uyo after attending the National Council of States meeting in Abuja .
Promising to give further details after commencement of work on the project, he said his priority is how to commence cargo operations at the airport.
”I really want to see how we can start cargo operations almost immediately.
He said “the entire region is due for logistics operations both by air and by the sea. We can’t just wait any longer. Let’s see what we can do for ourselves.”
Governor Emmanuel was full of hopes that the country’s Chief of Air Staff will facilitate his earlier promise to partner with the state in utilising the airport’s Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul facility.
“We are also hoping that the Airforce Chief who also promised us that Airforce will do something very urgent, will also try and see how we can use the MRO but we really really want to see how we can start Cargo Operations over here because a whole lot of people are suffering.”
“If you go to Lagos, you need to see the queue from Apapa Tin Can up to Western Avenue then up to Oshodi.”
He assured that with an enabling environment from the Federal Government, the seaport project will soon be actualised.
On the just concluded National Executive Committee meeting of the PDP, the Governor said they are still rebuilding the party and looking at developmental issues that could create employment for people.