Mr. Moses Frank Ekpo is the Deputy Governor of Akwa Ibom State.
His Excellency, Mr. Moses F. Ekpo, MFR, can at best be described as a man of many parts — a consummate Journalist, Public Affairs expert, a Diplomat, an administrator, and a politician of cross-generational appeal.
Born on December 22, 1941 at Abak in Akwa Ibom State, he attended both the Government School and Holy Family College, in Abak for his primary and secondary education before proceeding for further studies in several institutions amongst which are: • The London Polytechnic, U.K • University of Wisconsin, Madison, U.S.A • World Intellectual Property Organization Academy (WIPO), Geneva Switzerland.
He holds a Diploma and B.Sc. in Journalism and a WIPO Academy Diploma as well as a certificate of the United States Patent Academy, in addition to several certificates and diplomas earned from many international workshops and seminars.
In a distinguished public service career spanning over four decades, Mr. Ekpo has served as Proof Reader, Reporter and Editor in several Nigerian newspapers and broadcasting organizations. He served in senior editorial and management positions in the Daily Express, Daily Times, West African Pilot, the Morning Post, Eastern Nigeria Broadcasting Service and Western Nigeria Broadcasting Service. He has been the Nigerian country Correspondent for the Voice of America (VOA), Deutsche Welle (Voice of Germany) and the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC).
He was Publisher and General Manager of Cross River State Newspaper Corporation, Publishers of the Nigerian Chronicle Group of Newspapers. He founded the Pioneer Newspapers in Akwa Ibom State and served as Chief Information Officer in the Cross River State Government as well as the Chief Public Relations Officer to that Government.
Other offices held include: Assistant Director of Information and Acting Federal Director of Information. He also held the following positions:
• Director of Nigerian Information Service with concurrent accreditation to Europe and the Americas.
• Chief Executive Officer, War Against Indiscipline, WAI.
• Commissioner for Information, Social Development, Youths & Sports, Cross River State and Akwa Ibom State.
• Director, Nigerian Copyright Council.
• Director-General, Nigerian Copyright Commission.
• President of the General Assembly of the World Intellectual Property Organization.
• Federal Commissioner, National Population Commission, Abuja, a position he held until his election into office as the Deputy Governor of Akwa Ibom State.
See photos from the Deputy Governor's inauguration here.
He is also:
• Fellow, Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria, APCON.
• Fellow, British Institute of Management.
• Fellow, World Intellectual Property Institute.
• Fellow, Institute of Managers and Administrators of Nigeria.
• Fellow, Nigeria Institute of Public Relations, FNIPR.
• Member, Nigeria Union of Journalists.
• Member, British Institute of Public Relations.
• Associate Member, Guild of American Newspaper Editors.
• National Award of Member of the Federal Republic (MFR).
Sign up and receive the latest news, State Government reviews.