Development Of Ibom Deep Sea Port: Request For QualificationMonday, January 8th, 2018 | News
The Federal Government of Nigeria and the Akwa Ibom State Government
In line with the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (Est.) Act 2005 and the National Policy on Public Private Partnership (N4P)
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATION (RFQ):
DEVELOPMENT OF IBOM DEEP SEA PORT
REFERENCE NO: RFQ 18 00 01
- Project Brief
In furtherance of its initiatives to augment port capacity in Nigeria, the Federal Government of Nigeria (“FGN”) (represented by the Federal Ministry of Transportation/Nigerian Ports Authority) and the Akwa Ibom State Government (“AKSG”) (jointly referred to as the “Sponsors”), are developing the Ibom Deep Seaport (the “IDSP”) via a Public Private Partnership (PPP) arrangement on a Design-Build-Finance-Maintain-Operate and Transfer (DBFMOT) basis (the “Project”). The IDSP is an essential component of the ongoing Ibom Industrial City development project of the AKSG.
Located in the South East of Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria, (a leading oil and gas producing State in Nigeria), the IDSP will be the key maritime gateway for Nigeria, West and Central African region and hinterland countries, The IDSP is designed for New Panamax Class vessels. It occupies 2,565 hectares of land within the Ibom Industrial City complex. The IDSP is in a licensed Free Trade Zone approximately located at Latitude 04 32’ 35” N: Longitude 080 14’ 07” E.
Upon completion of the procurement process, the Investor will enter into a joint venture arrangement with the Sponsors through a special purpose project development and management company (PDMC). The contemplated shareholding structure of the PDMC is 60% (Private Sector Investor); 20% (FGN); and 20% (AKSG) with a fifty (50) year concession for the development and operation of the IDSP. Global Maritime and Port Services Pte Ltd (GMAPS) of Singapore is the Transaction Advisor for the Project.
- Request for Qualification (RFQ)
Reputable private sector port developers/operators are invited to submit a Request for Qualification (RFQ) to undertake the development of the IDSP in partnership with the Sponsors. This RFQ is the qualification stage of the procurement process for the Project. Interested parties are required to meet the qualification requirements specified in the RFQ package. Only qualified parties shall be invited to the Request for Proposal (RFP) stage. Qualified parties shall execute a Non-disclosure Agreement prior to being issued the Request for Proposal (RFP) bidding documents.
- Eligibility Criteria and Method of Application
Qualification of interested parties will be based on the following requirements:
- Detailed Company Profile: A brief description of the company(ies) stating ownership, business history, management / organizational structure, development / operational capabilities and any other relevant information.
- Evidence of Incorporation/Registration.
- Letter of Intent, in the case of a consortium, identifying the lead member of the consortium authorised to submit the RFQ and binding on all the members of the consortium.
- Evidence of Financial Capacity illustrated by evidence of good financial standing/net-worth and/or Financing Letters of Support from credible financing institutions in support of the company/consortium’s ability to develop the IDSP in conjunction with the Sponsors.
- Experience in Developing and Operating Similar Projects, illustrated by the following:
- Port/Terminal development and operation, Investment / financing of ports globally;
- Development and financing of greenfield port terminal projects globally;
- Operating port terminals, logistics operations in emerging markets for at least five (5) years. Experience in Africa, particularly Nigeria, will be an added advantage;
- Affiliation with international maritime markets and established relationships with global / regional shipping lines;
- Relevant recognition, accolades and rankings on size of operations and performance;
- Operating in free trade zones;
- Integrating port operations with local businesses in close proximity; and
- Development and managing of sustainable corporate social responsibility projects in host countries.
Please Note: Evidence of partnerships / relationships with large shipping lines, shipping companies and/or port operators worldwide, if any, should be provided.
- Experience and Expertise of Key Personnel as illustrated by Curriculum Vitae (CV) of key management staff with relevant experience working on similar projects and at least 10 years in a relevant industry.
- Experience / Familiarity with Local Context
- Delivering / financing large scale infrastructure in Africa
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Nigerian market and business environment
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the relevant government agencies in Nigeria
Additional corporate authorizations and requirements are specified in the RFQ Package. Interested parties MUST download copies of the RFQ package documents from the website www.idsp.ak.gov.ng/RfQ application form or idsp.gmaritime.com/RFQ application form. Clarification / enquiries may be sent via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Method of Submission
Completed RFQ submission form should be submitted in electronic copies (PDF format) in the filename format “Name of Company/Consortium RFQ 18 00 01 IDSP Project” by uploading RFQ submission documents through the www.gmartime.com website. Submission MUST be followed by an email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with an upload notification titled, “Submission of Request for Qualification to Design-Build-Finance- Maintain- Operate and Transfer (DBFMOT) IDSP Project – Name of Company/Consortium”. RFQ package documents submissions should be received no later than 2359hours (GMT+1) on 16th February 2018.
Website: http://idsp.ak.gov.ng and http://idsp.gmaritime.com and www.akwaibomstate.gov.ng