#aiteo Cup 2017: ?12 Facts You Need To Know About Akwa UnitedSaturday, October 14th, 2017 | News
The largest football competition in Nigeria, the Federation Cup is now known as the AITEO Cup.
The final match holds tomorrow Sunday 15th October, 2017, between Akwa United of Uyo and Niger Tornadoes of Minna.
There are so many things working for Akwa United, the clear favourites for this competition, and most people are unaware
- Do you know that Akwa United had never won any trophy at the national scene before the arrival of Governor Udom Emmanuel in 2015?
- Are you aware that Akwa United players and officials are the most promptly paid in the country?
- Do you know that the team has six players currently active in the national football Team?
- Do you know that this is the highest number of footballers from a single football club to a country’s national team?
- Do you know that Akwa United Players are by average the best paid in Nigeria?
- Do you know that the current fourth position is the highest by the team in the elite division since inception 20 years ago?
- Do you know that before Gov Udom Emmanuel’s arrival in 2015, Akwa United had always escaped relegation by the whiskers on the last day of matches at the elite division?
- Do you know that victory for the team tomorrow’s victory will make Akwa United the first in the country since the change of tournament’s nomenclature to AITEO Cup?
- Do you know that victory for Akwa United will lead the team into continental action in the CAF Confederation’s Cup competition?
- Do you know that the Promise Keepers play their home games in the best soccer stadium in Africa?
- Do you know that Akwa United is the only team from the old South Eastern/Cross River State to qualify for the Nigerian FA cup final, and to also win the trophy?
- Do you know it’s the 2nd time Gov Udom Emmanuel has powered Akwa United into the Nigerian FA cup final in 3 years.