A Profile of Rt. Hon. Uno Etim Uno – H.C for Transport
Born on June 6, 1960, and a native of Eyulor Oro, UrueOffong/Oruko Local Government; Rt. Hon. Uno Etim Uno attended Methodist School, Okuko from 1971 – 1977 for his Primary education. Between 1978 and 1983, he was at St.Vincent& #39;s Secondary School, Oti Oro for his Secondary Education and completed this at Eastern Okobo High School in 1995.
On completion, he obtained the West African School Certificate and the Senior Secondary Certificate in 1992 and 1995 respectively.
Not satisfied with his secondary education, he enrolled in the University of Uyo between 1998 and 2007 for a Bachelor's degree in Political Science/Public Administration. By 2018, he obtained a Master of Science degree in Public Administration in the University of Uyo. Rt. Hon. Uno Etim Uno, being a lover of ideas, has consistently updated his knowledge by attending workshops and seminars and these include, among others:
● National Summit of all Stakeholders of State/Local Government Administration in Nigeria: Emerging Issues in Resource Mobilization Distribution and Utilization in States/Local Governments and New Approach to Public Sector Management, a
Course by the National Assembly Service Commission in 2013.
● Legislative Strengthening Capacities and Performance for State legislators, 2009.
● Consortium for International Development, Principles and Practices of Budget Analysis and Oversight, 2009.
● Workshop on Promoting Transparency and Accountability in the Fiscal Operations of Government 2008, Mississippi.
● Administrative Staff College of Nigeria for Reforming Government Services and Programmes.
He is also a Fellow, Institute of Corporate Administration and Fellow, Institute for Fraud Management and Control, IFMC. And has accumulated many laurels and awards to his name due to his outstanding endeavours and passion for humanity. Among others, these awards and honours include:
● ACHIEVERS AWARD BY THE CHURCH OF NIGERIA (ANGLICAN COMMUNION), 2021.
● LEADERSHIP AND HOSPITALITY AWARD BY METHODIST CHURCH NIGERIA, ORON DIOCESE, 2021
● DIOCESAN EXCELLENCE AWARD BY MOUNT ZION LIGHTHOUSE FULL GOSPEL CHURCH INC, ORON DIOCESE, 2020
● MERIT AWARD BY ORON UNION, CALABAR BRANCH, 2020
● CERTIFICATE OF COMMENDATION BY ORON UNION, UYO BRANCH, 2020
● LEADERSHIP AWARD BY ORO ALL STARS SPORT CLUB, 2020
● EXCELLENCE SERVICE AWARD BY AKPAKIP ORO STUDENT UNION, UNIVERSITY OF UYO CHAPTER, 2019
● MERIT AWARD BY AKON VOLUNTEER FOR UDOM, 2019
● AWARD OF ETI UWAM EYULOR YOUTH ASSOCIATION (EYA) ORON TOWN BRANCH, 2019
● AWARD OF EXCELLENCE BY DOMINION HOUSEHOLD INTERNATIONAL, 2019
● AWARD OF EXCELLENCE BY ORO ATLANTIC YOUTH FOUNDATION, 2019
● EXCELLENCE LEADERSHIP AWARD BY PROFESSOR ENEFIOK ESSIEN, SAN, CHAMBERS OF JUSTICE, 2019
● EXCELLENCE AWARD BY UNIVERSITY OF UYO STUDENTS UNION GOVERNMENT (SUG), 2019
● GOLDEN JUBILEE AWARD OF RECOGNITION AND APPRECIATION BY ORUKO DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION, LAGOS BRANCH, 2018
● AWARD OF EXCELLENCE BY ORON UNION, UNITY BRANCH, ABUJA, 2018
● AWARD OF APPRECIATION BY ORON UNION, LAGOS BRANCH, 2018
● AWARD OF RECOGNITION BY WEDDING PLUS NIGERIA, 2018
● AWARD OF UTID IKANG EYO AKAN OBIO BY NKA EYO AKAN OBIO, 2018
● CENTENARY AWARD OF EXCELLENCE BY ST. CHARLES L’WANGA PARISH MBOKPU EYOKAN, 2017
● AWARD OF ETI UBEI ADAI BY METHODIST CHURCH NIGERIA, EYULOR CIRCUIT, DIOCESE OF OYUBIA, 2015
● AWARD OF HONOUR BY AKPAKIP ORO STAFF ASSOCIATION, AKWA IBOM STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY, 2015
● AWARD OF EXCELLENCE BY NATIONAL COUNCIL OF ORO YOUTHS (WORLDWIDE), 2014
● AWARD OF EXCELLENCE BY METHODIST CHURCH NIGERIA, ORUKO CIRCUIT-DIOCESE OF OYUBIA, 2014
● FELLOW INSTITUTE OF CORPORATE ADMINISTRATION, 2013
● AWARD OF HONOUR BY PRINCE ROBINSON EDUMOH FOUNDATION, 2010
● AWARD OF EXCELLENCE BY NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF AKWA IBOM MEDICAL STUDENTS, 2010
● EXCELLENCE AWARD BY AKWA IBOM INDIGENES ASSOCIATION SOUTH AFRICA, 2010
● AWARD OF EXCELLENCE BY NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF AKPAKIP-ORO STUDENTS UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR CHAPTER, 2009
● EXCELLENCE AWARD BY AKPAKIP-ORO YOUTH PARLIAMENT, 2009.
● PILLAR OF SERVICE AWARD BY LION CLUB LEO DISTRICT 404A, 2009
● CERTIFICATE OF LEADERSHIP BY ORON DEVELOPMENT UNION ATLANTA CHAPTER , 2009
● MERITORIOUS DIAMOND AWARD FOR NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT (MEDA 2008) BY THE CORPORATE AND MEDIA AFRICA COMMUNICATION IN THE FIELD OF POLITICAL AND LEGISLATIVE MATTERS CATEGORY.
● AWARD OF EXCELLENCE BY PDP WARD SECRETARIES FORUM, 2008
● VISIONARY AND EXEMPLARY LEADERSHIP AWARD BY NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF AKWA IBOM STATE STUDENTS, 2008
● AWARD OF HONOUR BY AKWA IBOM STATE YOUTH COUNCIL URUEOFFONG/ORUKO CHAPTER, 2008
● LEADERSHIP EXCELLENCE AWARD BY EDUCATION STUDENTS ASSOCIATION UNIVERSITY OF UYO, 2008
● PILLAR OF SERVICE AWARD BY LIONS CLUBS INTERNATIONAL, REGION 9, AKWA IBOM STATE, 2007
● EXCELLENCE AWARD BY ORUKO YOUTH DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION (OYDA), UYO BRANCH
● AWARD OF EXCELLENCE BY NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF URUEOFFONG/ORUKO STUDENTS (NAUSO) WORLDWIDE
● JUSTICE OF PEACE (JP) BY AKWA IBOM STATE GOVERNMENT
Chief Uno started his political career in 1996 when he was elected as Councillor to represent his ward and Vice Chairman of UrueOffong/Oruko Local Government Council. Between 1999 and 2004, Rt. Hon. Uno served as the PDP Chairman, UrueOffong/Oruko Chapter.
He served in various positions at different times until 2007, when he was elected as the Honourable Member to represent UrueOffong/Oruko State Constituency, in the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly where he served as the Chairman, House Committee on Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs.
Then in 2013, he was appointed Commissioner in the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly Service Commission and was reappointed in 2016.
In 2018, he was elevated from being a Commissioner in the House of Assembly Service Commission to a Commissioner in the Akwa Ibom State Executive Council as the helmsman for the Ministry of Culture and Tourism.
Due to his competence and pragmatic approach, he was reappointed to serve as a Commissioner but in the Ministry of Transport and Solid Minerals, later renamed Ministry of Transport, a position he still holds till date.
His love for community service and the less privilege led to the execution of the following projects by him for the benefit of his people:
● Construction of four (4) Class Room Block at Central School, Oruko.
● Construction of three (3) Class Room Block at Primary School, Ubodung.
● Provision for Borehole at Ubodung Village.
● Provision of Borehole at Okossi Village.
● Construction of Town Hall at Edok.
● Provision of Borehole at Eyoufuo Eyulor.
● Construction of Community Hall at Eyulor.
● Provision of Borehole at Eyulor Ottor.
● Renovation of six (6) Lock Up Stores at Oruko Market.
● Renovation of six (6) Open Stores at Oruko Market.
● Payment of Educational Assistance to Urueoffong/Oruko Students.
● Renovation of three (3) Class Room Block at Primary School Mbokpu Uko Akai.
● Empowerment of Urueoffong/Oruko People.
● Renovation of Village Hall, Eyo Usoyo Eyulor.
● Construction of four (4) Class Room Block with offices at Primary School Oyoku Ibighi.
Rt. Hon. (Chief) Uno Etim Uno, JP, an intelligent passionate servant leader, soft spoken, community leader, and competent administrator is happily married to Mrs. Elizabeth Uno and blessed with beautiful children.