A Profile of Charles Udoh – Hon. Commissioner for Environment and Petroleum Resources
Charles Sebastian Udoh is the Akwa Ibom Commissioner for Environment and Petroleum Resources. Before his current appointment, he was a two-term Honourable Commissioner for Information & Strategy; a position he held since December 01, 2016.
With a wealth of over 3 decades brain and hands-on experience in advertising, marketing communication, brand management, training and consulting, Charles has at various times managed the brand and communication functions of four (4) major Nigerian financial service groups – Guaranty Trust Bank, First Bank, Diamond Bank (defunct) & Wema Bank. He started his career as a trainer and management consultant working for the Nigerian Bankers’ Committee owned FITC.
Before being called to public service in December 2016, Charles spent 5 years working as a brand and marketing communication entrepreneur driving Adam and Agnes Ltd as Managing Consultant and Chief Ideas Officer. During the period, he served as consultant to ExxonMobil, First City Monument Bank (FCMB)Group, AXAMansard Insurance, Intels, Orlean Invest, Heritage Bank, Mainstreet Bank (defunct) amongst others.
During the course of his career, Charles has developed and implemented over 200 major local and international, marketing communication and public relations campaigns across a variety of media and channels.
Charles is a former Vice President of the Association of Corporate Affairs Managers of Banks in Nigeria and a member of the Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria.
His other accolades include
– Fellow, the Chartered Institute of Leadership
– Fellow, Institute of Oil and Gas Research and Hydrocarbon Studies
– Fellow, Institute of Information Management
– Fellow, Institute of Corporate Administration of Nigeria
– 2018 Africa’s Distinguished Personality of the Trans-Africa Students Initiative
– 2019 Outstanding Image Maker Award presented by Dakkada Entrepreneurs Ambassadors League
– Niger Delta Peace Ambassador
– Mental Health Ambassador Award
– Distinguished Service to Humanity Award
– Leadership Merit Award of Afe Mkparawa Annang
– Member Mboho Mkparawa Ibibio
– Paul Harris Fellow of the Rotary Club
His other interests include training and manpower development.
Charles has at various times led training sessions for several reputable institutions including FITC, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Charterd Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN), Nigeria Deposit Insurance Company (NDIC), Nigeria Institute of Training and Development (NITAD), Institute of Chartered Accounts of Nigeria (ICAN), Fidelity Bank, Diamond Bank and Dangote Group
Charles is a Knight of St John International of Catholic Church.
He is married with two children.